Tickling the Ivories

Tickling the Ivories

Monday, February 15, 2010

Forget single-awareness, Happy Valentine's Day!

I had such a fun Valentine's day and weekend! I'll start with Saturday morning. Right after I finished my last blog, I got a text from my friend, Jeremy. The conversation went something like this:
Jeremy: hey liz, how old r u?
Liz: I'll be 21 in two months, why?
J: IDK. this is trent.
L: Oh this isn't Jeremy? Sorry!
Trent: That's ok, we can still be friends.
L: How old are you?
T: 12
L: Sorry, Trent, you're a little young for me.
T: We can just be friends, we don't have to go.
L: Sorry, not going to happen.
T: Can we be friends, plz? Are you good looking?
L: Leave me alone kid

He then proceeded to try calling me and then he texted me saying "Hey, this is Jeremy, that was my cuz." But I didn't believe him, so I got onto facebook to see if Jeremy was on. He was so I asked him if he was texting me. He said he wasn't. This kid kinda creeped me out.

But the day got much better after that! I was practicing the piano when I got a call from Bryan, who is one of the guys I hung out with Friday night. He told me he had a really fun time Friday night and was wondering if I'd like to go on a date. I already had a little crush on him, so I of course accepted (probably a little too eagerly). He asked me what I was doing in an hour, but I had work so we couldn't do anything. I told him I'd get my schedule that night and let him know when I could go out next week. Work called a few minutes later and told me it was slow so I didn't have to go in. I hurried and texted Bryan and let him know I was free. He texted back and said, "Rats! I just put my clothes in the washer and took a shower. Nuts, it will have to wait. That's okay, though. That just means you will get my undivided attention later. I'm excited, this week will be highly anticipated :) See you tomorrow!" That text alone has kept me giddy for the last 3 days. So I stayed in Saturday night with Mom and we watched Kate and Leopold. I went to church the next day and right after sacrament meeting, Bryan came up to me to ask about my schedule and when we could go out. We decided Thursday at 7:00. After church, we had a mingle and I ended up talking to all of my friends, Bryan included. I got a text from Matt asking me to come over and talk to him. But I got the text too late, he had already left. So I told him I'd talk to him at ward prayer that night. Cory texted me later and asked if I was going to ward prayer and that he'd see me there. There was a point at ward prayer when all three guys were talking to me, so I motioned to my friend and she called Bryan over to her. That gave Matt and Cory a chance to both ask me out, so I'm going on 3 dates this week :) That is if Matt confirms Saturday. Guys can be so lazy. Some of us went over to Laura's house afterwards and watched Michael Jackson music videos. Then Bryan took Laura on a ride...I wonder if he's as much as a player as I am. Oh well, I'm still excited for this week!

No comments: