Tickling the Ivories

Tickling the Ivories

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Update!

Hee hee...I haven't written in over a year and two months! And even though last night I couldn't sleep because I was starting to stress to all of the things I have to do this semester, why not add one more? I'll try to update at least once a week from now on, although I'm definitely not guaranteeing anything, especially since I don't have too many followers. And I'm not writing about anything cool like Julie and Julia, it's just me. But random things do happen to me all the time! I'll probably write mostly about those. So here I am, breaking into the blogger world! I was planning on going running today, but have you seen the inversion? Yuck! I would probably suffocate before I got back! So I suppose I'll have to find some other form of exercise for today. I'm dieting too, however, today is my eat-whatever-I-want-and-get-away-with-it day! So I just went to the grocery store bright and early on a Saturday morning (which is one of my favorite things to do) and I got Reese's Puffs! And I'm being stubborn and not letting my family have any because I want to save it for next week! I have a busy day ahead of me. First, I'm going to go practice for 45 minutes, then go work at Spring Mobile for 2 hours. Then I'll come home and practice and study for some exams I have next week. At 5:00 I go into work at Papa Murphey's until 9:30 and then, since I haven't heard of any parties going down this weekend, I'll probably study and practice some more. Or watch a movie :)
Random things that have happened to me this year:
1. My dad got a girlfriend and told all his kids...over facebook.
2. The same day, I got an email from my ex (we broke up 5 months ago and I haven't heard from him since) saying he wanted to come visit me. Then he told me he was getting married.
3. I got a call from someone I don't know, but he seems to know me from a New Years' party I went to. Now he won't leave me alone!
4. I met a guy at the Institute who got out of jail a few months ago, found the church, moved to Salt Lake a month ago and was baptized 2 weeks ago. It was inspiring to hear his story and to see how thirsty he is for knowledge. He's taking 5 institute classes! He goes to the temple everyday and is about to get a temple recommend to do baptisms. Then I ran into him on the train that same day! He was on his way to help make dinner for the Salvation Army. If only we could all be that enthusiastic about the gospel, think of what a difference we could make! He is surely setting an example of and to the believers!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Yay for a Liz update! Keep 'em coming!