Tickling the Ivories

Tickling the Ivories

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Single-Awareness Day!

Yes, it is Valentine's Day tomorrow, and yes, I am still single. But hey, whoever said you had to have a boyfriend to be happy? So I decided to make the most of it and last night, I rounded up about 20 people in my ward to go the institute's Valentine's dance. We dressed up as rednecks (I colored my tooth with a crayon), had dinner at Cafe Rio, then went to the dance. It was really lame at first because it was a live band playing music that no one knew and when they took a break, they stuck on the bassist's iPod, which was weird 80s music that again, no one has ever heard. Not even the ones that grew up in the 80s, and trust me, there were a lot of those. But finally, after many tears and complaints (not really), they started played some MJ stuff and stuff that we actually knew, though none of it from this century. I met a lot of guys, danced with a lot of guys, and my friend, Mindy, and I had fun raising the roof. We were pretty much the only ones in our group actually dancing. The others preferred to stand by and watch. I was proud of myself for putting this together and getting a great turnout. I'm not usually the one to initiate these sorts of things, but I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out! Too bad no one brought a camera :(

Weird things this week:
1. Mom and I went to see When in Rome. While we were watching, we were thinking how her story kinda sounds like us. The girl's name was Beth and her dad had a new girlfriend. Beth had a lot of trouble falling in love because she was so focused on her career (my Bishop told me the same thing). Beth's ex-boyfriend shows up and tells her he's engaged (happened to me a month ago). Mom kept telling me that they just said her last name was Martin, and I told her no, it probably wasn't. At the end, they show her full name and can you guess what it was? Elizabeth Ann Martin. Weird.
2. My friend works at Ballet West and one day her status said that if anyone was interested in working there, they should send them their resume. I thought that would be kinda cool, so I sent in my resume and mostly forgot about it. I already have 2 jobs, so it wasn't a big deal if I got the job or not. They called me about a week later to schedule an interview. I went into the interview and felt pretty good about it, but still wasn't expecting much. But then I got a call and they offered me the job! So now instead of saying that I work at Papa Murphy's, I get to say that I work at Ballet West!

1 comment:

Andrea Griggs said...

I really liked When In Rome. . . I did not, however, make that connection. . . funny. I'm glad you ended up having a good time last night.