Tickling the Ivories

Tickling the Ivories

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh little me...

My mind was wandering (as usual), and I for some reason started thinking of this story from when I was a kid. It's pretty funny, so I thought I'd share. When I was about 5, we were having Sunday dinner and Sherri and Janelle came in laughing hysterically. They told us about how Janelle took a spray bottle full of water and sprayed it on Sherri while she was taking her nap. I wanted to be like my older sisters and join in the fun, but I misunderstood the story. So the the next morning, I woke up really early while everyone was asleep, tiptoed downstairs and got a cup of water. Then I went back upstairs to Janelle's room and poured the whole thing on her. She, of course, woke up and was not very happy. I froze once I realized that I had done something wrong. She asked me what I was doing and when I didn't answer, she assumed I was sleepwalking. Dad was up early for a business trip and came in to see what was wrong. I was terrified I would get in trouble! But when I explained why I did it, they weren't mad and helped me clean it up...Do you remember this at all, Janelle?

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Of course! I really did think you were sleep walking and not really aware of what you had done! I guess a spray bottle and a cup of water were quite different!

Andrea Griggs said...

Wow-that was really random! ;)

Sherri said...

That's hilarious!!! I don't remember this at all. How funny?!

Andrea Griggs said...

Time to update the blog, Liz! :)