Tickling the Ivories

Tickling the Ivories

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years' Resolutions

I've never been much of a blogger, and even today sitting in church, the thought of starting kinda terrifies me. Why? Mostly because writing terrifies me. I do not like to write papers, letters, blogs, you name it. About the only thing I do like to write in is my diary, and I think that's because no one can judge my personal feelings. BUT...here, on this blog, I will keep myself accountable for keeping my New Years' Resolutions. I don't care if no one reads it, I will still write it. So...I have my herbal tea close by, I've put in a movie (Robots), and I'm ready to go!

New Years' Resolutions for 2012:

Two things I want to especially focus on this year, and this goes for all of my resolutions, is prioritization and consistency. I am going to prioritize my daily activities and do them in order of that prioritization, so everyday, I know that I've done at least the most important things in my life. I've recently discovered that consistency is the key to success. So, according to my priorities, my daily schedule will look something like this:
1. Wake up, eat, and read the Book of Mormon
2. Practice for an hour
3. Work out
4. School work

1. Spiritual
1. Read the Book of Mormon at least 20 minutes everyday, preferably in the morning.
2. Do visiting teaching every month
3. Visit the temple every week

2. School
1. Get 4.0s for the rest of my master's program
2. Practice 4 hours everyday
3. Don't procrastinate doing projects

3. Financial
1. Make and follow a budget
2. Put money into savings every paycheck

4. Health
1. Think fit, lean, and healthy
2. Exercise five days a week
3. Eat every 3 hours, meals consisting of a protein, fast carb, and slow carb. Record in food log.

5. Organization
1. Keep a daily planner.
2. Do some cleaning everyday (follow a schedule)

6. Social
1. Hang out with someone at least once a week.
2. Get a date and/or number every month.
3. Organize something once a month.

And, of course, blog about it at least once a week!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Way to go Liz and good luck on your goals!!