Tickling the Ivories

Tickling the Ivories

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Planner Troubles

I love pinterest. Just putting that out there. So at the end of last year when I found a pin that linked to a blog with a free printable daily planner, I was really excited. However, the blogger had taken it off for the year and was working on one for 2012. I waited and waited for it, and finally, around January 2nd, it was ready, except I had to purchase it. But I was willing to spend $15 for this planner because it looked really cool :) After I downloaded all the materials, I realized I needed to get my printer to work. I haven't used my printer in about 4 years, because there were always other printers to use, and half of the cord was missing. I finally pulled it out of my closet and went about buying the other half of the cord. I looked online, found a good deal, and bought the cord. It came in the mail and lo, and behold, it was the wrong one. Ok, I only wasted $15, I can just get another one. But school started and life got busy, so I didn't get around to it. Last week, I decided to just go to Best Buy and ask them about the part I needed. Luckily, they had it in stock, and it didn't cost as much as I thought, so I just bought it there. I turned my printer on, plugged it into my laptop, and printed a test page. The paper went through, but nothing was on it. I figured the ink had run out, so I went to Target and got some ink. Unluckily, I got the wrong cartridges...I hadn't realized the cartridges for HP weren't all uniform (I think it's stupid they're not). So I talked to my brother-in-law about it, and he told me I can take it to an office supply store and they can refill my cartridges for a fraction of the cost. Yay! This is the battle plan for this week and I will get this planner made and get my life organized!

And in case you were wondering, my 3-week induction phase of my eating plan ended today! I finally got to weigh myself, and I weighed in at 172.4 (I started at 176.4). It wasn't quite as low as I was hoping, but this isn't a quick fix plan. Plus, inches matter more than the number on the scale, and all around, I lost about 10 inches! I cheated a bit today, and had a cupcake at my brother's/sister-in-law's/nephew's birthday party. But I did wait for 2 hours after dinner to eat it, so I think it all evens out :)

No comments: